Here are the preliminary plans for June 5th
9AM: Shoe Drive begins at Veterans Memorial Park in Culver City
9:30AM: A short charge & directions from Steve, Aasia, and Billy
9:45AM: Create the "Care Kits" with resource cards
10:15AM- 12PM: Community Outreach to several locations on the Westside: e.g. Venice Beach, underpasses on Venice Blvd., at Palisades Park in Santa Monica
Items for the Care Kits
1) gallon-sized Ziploc bags
2) water bottles
3) soft fruit: bananas, oranges
4) fruit bars & granola bars
5) toiletries (travel size): dental care products, soap, deodorant, hand sanitizer, lip balm
6) new white socks
7) Community Resource cards
Ways to help:
- Members can participate by dropping off donations of the items
- Members can also help make the "Care Kits" at Veterans Park
- Members can volunteer to engage with those experiencing homelessness and deliver the Care Kits
***All safety guidelines will be enforced.
All volunteers need to sign up in advance and complete a HOPE waiver form on Volunteer Hub either online or you can print the waiver below.
In addition, we would like to have a short training session the week before with volunteers and share a video made by HOPEww of how to respectfully engage with those experiencing homelessness.